Monday 13 August 2012

A night of Inspiration - Burch & Purchese Sweet Studio


Avocado, Pear, Eucalypt, Cucumber & White Chocolate

I attended the first Burch & Purchese Dessert Session on August 2nd.


Rose, Apple & Beetroot Crumble 


I am a regular visitor to their store, especially on those days when I have an exceptional sweet tooth and the staff are always more than helpful. Cath even helped me work out ways I could fix my disastrous lemon curd.



I love how there is always an element of surprise about their desserts. There will be a layer of pop rocks or something tangy, it seems, just to make you think about what your eating.

The food was spectacular and the service was even better.



I opted for the entire 5 courses, because in my mind if you're going to do it you have to do it properly, and it was amazing how each had its own personal flavour and idea.

I loved the watermelon course. Easily my favourite.
 The eucalypt jelly balls were fantastic. Looked like caviar and were so strange to eat.. In a good way.
The flavours were intense but not in such a way that you felt overwhelmed. I think they balanced it well.

The table was communal but it achieved a cosy feel. For the girls beside me on a "girls night out" it was a great place for a gossip and catch up.


I pre-ordered my recipe book from Darren and can not wait to share how my creations pan out once I get my hands on it.

If you are a lover of desserts, you should check it out. If you are not a lover... this will convert you.


Passionfruit Cloud

Burch & Purchese Sweet Studio on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment