As I delve further into the baking world I seem to come across more and more new and exciting things to try my hand at.
This week, it was a simple Banana Bread. Inspired by the "Despicable Me" Minions Banana Clip. So so cute.
Back to the cooking; this recipe is so so simple that I don't even need to give my usual description of my own experience. All the ingredients are popped in a mixer, poured into a loaf tin and baked for an hour. Voila!
270g Dark Brown Sugar
2 1/2 Bananas, the riper the better, mashed
280g Plain Flour
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1 Teaspoon Bi-carb Soda
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
140g Butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 175 degreed celcius
2. Place sugar and eggs into a mixture on a medium speed. Beat until well mixed then add the banana.
3. Add flour, baking powder, bi-carb soda, cinnamon and ginger and beat well.
4. Pour in the melted butter and continue to mix until smooth.
5. Pour mixture into a loaf tin that has been lined with baking paper (or coated with cake release; my new kitchen love!)
6. Bake for approx 1 hour, until firm to touch and skewer comes out with few crumbs.
7. Leave to cool to room temperature in the tin, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.